Do you use an old fashion oven? Or throw barbeque parties often? Have some stove pellets? Or have a regular fireplace? If you have any of these things you might be tired of cleaning the ashes too. Because cleaning it with hands is not only difficult and time-consuming but the result is not satisfactory either. Then what to do?
Well, have you heard of an ash vacuum? Because most of the people do not know how amazing this device can be. An ash vacuum is specially designed to clean fireplaces and BBQ stove. As the vacuum is built for this purpose, it makes the process easier.
The Best Ash Vacuums to Buy
Best for Budget – Ash Vacuum, TACKLIFE 800W Ash Vacuum Cleaner
Error Loading Product List. Click here to View Today's Top Deals.
Tired of spending hours clearing ash and soot with a brush? That not only is an ineffective way of cleaning the ash but may cause some other problems like allergies and throat itch. The TackLife 800W Ash Vacuum Cleaner is an incredible budget-friendly option that will make your life easier without putting a huge dent in your pocket. The powerful vacuum is ideal for any fireplace, BBQ Grill, pellet oven, or a wood stove that comes with an 800W motor and can create a huge suction power. The metal hose is entirely heat resistant and comes with a metal body so your vacuum won’t be damaged if you decide to use it right after finishing up your BBQ or using the fireplace.
Another unique feature of this budget-friendly vacuum is its washable filter and the convenience it offers. The hose is quite flexible and allows you to handle every single corner and hard to reach places very easily. Motor damage is a huge problem that occurs due to the use of very thin filters. The dust filter of this incredible ash vacuum is quite thick and protects the internal motor from any damage so you can use the vacuum for a long time without any worries.
Most Popular – Power Smith PAVC101 10 Amp 3 Gallon All-In-One Ash Vacuum
Do you love the sweet sound a vacuum makes when cleaning? Trick question, no one loves that. Presenting the Power Smith PAVC101 vacuum cleaner that operates with as much stealth as a ninja. When using this vacuum, you won’t ever feel bothered by the noise. In addition to that, its incredible features coupled with the vacuum’s build quality make it one of the most sought-after ash vacuums out there.
The biggest advantage of this ash vacuum is that it’s suitable for use in elevated temperatures of the BBQ Grill or a Fireplace. The vacuum can smoothly suck out the ash when it is hot. The heat resistant body of the PAVC101 Vacuum can operate perfectly up to the maximum temperature of 1400 F.
There are some additional safety features as well. For example, the motor has the capability of automatically shutting off in case of being overheated. Similarly, there is an inner filter layer that protects your motor from any kind of damage.
Editor’s Choice – CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17585 5-gallon 3 Peak Hp Ash Vacuum
Our choice is the CRAFTSMAN Ash Vacuum Cleaner that is designed for helping you remove the unwanted ash and other particles from your Grill, Fireplace, etc. The vacuum cleaner comes with a 5-gallon waste bin that can last a long time without needing to be emptied. Additionally, the powerful suction capabilities also make this Vacuum a great option for other situations like a workshop.
The CRAFTSMAN Vacuum comes with several auxiliary features that make it even easier for you to use this product. The hose end comes with an LED light to give you the status and enhance the aesthetic characteristics of the machine. Similarly, the 8 ft flexible and cord wrap allows you to keep the vacuum tidy and cover more area whenever you are using it. The vacuum is also very durable and takes a lot of punishment before failing. You will see that despite being so durable, the entire weighs only 12 pounds which is an indicator of the premium quality materials used in this product.
The Vacmaster VQ607SFD is an incredible product that has several capabilities to make it a suitable choice for versatile use. While this vacuum was originally made for workshops and other similar areas, the powerful motor coupled with its incredible filtration capacity makes this a great choice for removing ash from your pellet oven, fireplace, grill, and other areas.
The Ash Vacuum comes with multiple functions to make cleaning easier for you. It is assisted by a capable and powerful motor that reaches the level of 3 HP. Similarly, the hose has a length of 7 ft which means you don’t have to move the vacuum around in order to perform the required cleanup. Additionally, there are multiple other operations of the Vacmaster Ash Vacuum that make it a great choice for customers.
Another positive feature of the Vacmaster VQ607SFD is its quiet operation. The 3HP motor is quite powerful but is completely insulated to prevent any noise from disturbing you during cleaning. The vacuum also comes with a 2-year limited warranty from the manufacturers so you can choose this product without any worries and start experiencing the convenience of a versatile and high-quality machine.
DeWALT DXV10P 10-gallon Quiet Poly Wet Dry Vacuum
The DeWALT DXV1OP is not your conventional Ash Vacuum cleaner. It comes with several capabilities that make it a perfect choice for multiple operations. The vacuum comes with a powerful internal motor that operates up to a peak of 5.5 HP and provides the best suction which is required to perform all the necessary cleaning tasks.
The design and material of the DeWALT 10-gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum are ideal for durable and long-lasting operations. The entire body is made up of powerful plastic. The storage container of this incredible multipurpose vacuum is the biggest in this list. The 10-gallon storage tank will make it easy for you because you’ll have to make fewer trips to empty the containers. Since the vacuum is originally made of a workshop, it comes with a separate tank drain for liquid pickups as well.
For easier movement and portability, the DeWALT Vacuum comes with a 10 feet power cord that can be easily wrapped and used whenever needed. Additionally, the vacuum also comes with strong rubber casters that allow complete 3600 movement and additional swivel and maneuverability.
Other Great Ash Vacuum Brands to Consider
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its...
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety...
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- LIFT-AWAY: Lift away the pod to clean under furniture. Or detach the nozzle to clean...
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Works with a HEPA filter to trap 99.9% of dust and...
- BRUSHROLL SHUTOFF: Instantly switch from more maneuverability on deep carpets to...
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell will donate 5 dollars for each pet hair eraser Li Ion...
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion...
- 14V lithium ion battery for lithium powered cleaning; Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Litres
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet...
- Cordless Power: Lithium-ion battery provides up to 12 minutes of cordless cleaning...
- On-the-Go Cleaning. Compact enough to store, clean and charge in your car or office.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its...
- Lift-Off Detachable Pod. 2-in-1 design with a detachable pod for convenient, portable...
- Tangle-Free Brush Roll. Actively prevents hair wrap
Why A Regular Vacuum Cleaner Doesn’t Work
If you are planning on cleaning the ashes with a regular vacuum then just do not do it. Many people know that doing this will not work but they do not know why. So, the following are some of the reasons why cleaning ashes with a regular vacuum is wrong.
- The first reason is that the traditional vacuum cleaner is not suitable because of their built. These regular vacuum cleaners are made with plastic. It is said that plastic is not an ideal material for ash vacuum as ash can stick to the body.
- Secondly, ashes are not always one temperature. Sometimes you face dealing with hot ashes. And in this case, the plastic body of the regular vacuum cleaner can get damaged. Not only that but the combination of plastic and hot ashes is hazardous. This is why we recommend using an ash vacuum to clean as. Because it prevents fire hazards like this that regular vacuum can not control.
- A regular vacuum does not have the same filter as an ash vacuum. This is the reason why the manufacturer warns its users from using it. Because not only the result will be unsatisfactory. But, doing so can ruin the vacuum itself. So, if you are not planning to dump the dust vacuum soon then do not use it for ashes.
- Regular vacuum cleaners are usually huge. But you can be a problem when cleaning the fireplace. As these vacuums do not fit right inside the fireplace then cleaning every corner is difficult. This is why we recommend using the as vacuums. Because they are built to clean these small places.
Features to Consider
Finding the right ash vacuum is not difficult if you know what you are looking for. The following are some of the main features to consider before purchasing the product.
Length of Cable:
It is difficult to find an ash vacuum with the wireless body. This is why you should look for a vacuum with a long cable. The cable should be enough long that the user does not need to use an extension cable. Also, long cables tangle easily so if the vacuum has cord rewind that is a bonus point.
Length of Hose:
Having a plastic hose is important because it is more flexible. This makes cleaning easier and effortless, but that is not enough. The hose should be long enough to reach all of the corners of the fireplace. A 6 to 7 feet hose is the right size to do the cleaning.
As mentioned above, ash vacuum is usually compact and smaller in size. But you should also check the dimensions of the product you are getting. Moreover, we suggest checking the size of your fireplace and see if the product can fit in.
All of the ash vacuums are made with metal because it can hold shape on extreme temperature. But you should also make sure the product you are purchasing is made with rustproof metal. This will guarantee a long lifespan of the cleaner.
Tools & Accessories:
Regular vacuum cleaners come with multiple tools and brushes. But you do not need a brush tool or motorized brush roll for cleaning fireplace. Just make sure the vacuum has a metallic crevice tool to clean corners.
Ash Collector Size:
The capacity of the collector depends on the user and fireplace. Get the vacuum the has enough capacity to do multiple cleaning sessions. This was you would not have to empty the collector.
The one disadvantage of ash vacuums is they are heavy. It is an obvious fact because of the metallic body. It is not possible to sacrifice the metallic built for a lightweight body. Because other materials can not handle hot ash like metal. And some people can’t carry the heavy body. To solve this problem, most of the brands add built-in wheels in their ash cleaner. So, get a vacuum with wheels that makes it easy to move around the cleaner.
The regular vacuum cleaner has a transparent dust container. So, when the container is full the user can see and empty it. But an ash vacuum does not have that feature. Which is why it is important to have a vacuum with a dust indicator. This indicator will inform you when the container needs to be empty.
Filter Quality & Quantity:
As said earlier, to clean ash the vacuum should have better filters. So, when looking for the vacuum try to get one with Hepa filter. And it is better if the vacuum has at least 3 filters.
Easy to Clean:
Yes, the perfect ash vacuum will clean the fireplace flawlessly. But who will clean the vacuum? You will. This is why the vacuums that are easy to clean will leave you from the extra hassle.
Either it is an online purchase or you are going to a store, look for a warranty. A 1-year manufacturer or seller’s warranty is enough. Also, most users student to not get an extended warranty.
In short, an ash vacuum is the best device to clean ash. This will make the work easier. Without an ash vacuum cleaning, the fireplace is possible but tedious. So, get a vacuum and enjoy fireplaces and BBQ parties.