If you’re in the market for a new Class-D (or car) amp, but don’t know which one you’d like to buy, this page is here to help you. When selecting your next car amp, its important to take into account multiple things not limited to amperage, price, brand, warranty, and more. This page is created as an attempt to help you find your dream car amplifier that is not only easy to install, and use, but also provide the perfect sounds and quality base you desire. Picking up a high-end class D amp can truly change the sound (and feeling) of music. If you’re a serious audiophile and are in the market for an upgrade, you’ve come to the right place.
Additionally, it should be noted that buying a car amp for the first time can be confusing and time-consuming. In order to help you learn about what you should look for and what to avoid, we’ve included this below video that should make your life a little easier. Please note that the video is old, so some of the mentioned models might be outdated.
Top 5 Class D Amps of 2018
|Ranking||Preview||Product Name||Our Rating|
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D...
By Rockford Fosgate
|879 Reviews||View Product|
Hifonics ZRX2416.1D Zeus Mono Class-D Subwoofer...
|363 Reviews||View Product|
Ignite Audio Mono Block Class D Car Amplifier 4000...
|63 Reviews||View Product|
Planet Audio PL3000.1D Pulse 3000 Watt, 1 Ohm...
By Planet Audio
|122 Reviews||View Product|
Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D...
By MEGA INT'L TRADING GROUP, INC.
|378 Reviews||View Product|
Important Features for Class-D Car Amps
- Price – believe it or not, class D amp prices can vary depending on many factors. Generally, as you’d typically expect, the more money you spend, the better quality amp you’ll get. of course, this isn’t always true, but its something to think about.
- Watts Per Channel – Depending on the amount of power you’d like to push to your subwoofer(s), the amount of watts per channel is something you’ll really want to consider. the amount of watts tends to vary quite heavily across amps in the market, so be sure you take a close look at this first.
- Max Power – Similar to watts per channel, the max power is the total amount of output you can expect the amp itself to push to your subs. The generalized rule of thumb here is that if you want louder bass, you’ll want a higher max power amp. Some amps can reach extremely high max watts, so be sure that your subwoofer(s) can handle it.
- Size of Amp – Depending on the size of your car and the amount of available space, you’ll want to take a closer look at the exact dimensions of the amp itself. Additionally, some of the models offer the ability to strap and mount the amp such that it isn’t as much in the way.
- Remote Subwoofer Control – Some amps offer the ability to control the amount of power pushed to the subwoofer(s) with an integrated controller that makes adjusting your bass quite easy and effortless. typically these remotes are configured to be within an arms-length away while driving, making audible adjustments extremely simple.
Popular Class D Amp Brands
- Rockville – If you’re looking for a highly-rated amp brand that has proven its name in the car amp market, you can’t go wrong with Rockville.
- Boss – Boss offers a wide array of audio accessories to help you further enjoy music and sounds.
- Pioneer – This brand has been around for quite some time and continues to provide high-quality products to enhance the way you experience audio.
- Rockford Fosgate – Focused on performance and high-quality design, you simply cannot go wrong with any of Rockford’s proven products.