SafeVant 8CH Wireless Security Camera
What We Liked
- Super affordable, easy to set up, shipped to your door, 4 cameras, and an integrated app! This NVR system is a no-brainer for those looking to grab their first NVR system and get a feel for how a network video recording system works.
What We Didn't Like
- Unfortunately, this model does not come with an HDD to store video.
Network Video Recording systems or NVR systems are a perfect security measure that can make your life much easier. Whether it be piece-of-mind, protections against intruders, protection of valuables, or any other reason, an NVR system can help to beef up your security measures and protect the people and items you care most about. No matter if you’re looking to protect your home or a business, an NVR system is a perfect solution to protect your assets. Below, you’ll find an assortment of the best network video recording systems that have been thoroughly reviewed and used. Be sure to scroll down to learn more about important features, brands, and more.
Important Features for NVR Systems to Consider
- Number of Cameras – The number of incorporated cameras can vary between NVR systems. Depending on the size of space you want to be monitored and protected, you may want to think about the appropriate amount of cameras.
- Night Vision – Nowadays, most NVR systems come equipped with night-vision functionality to allow monitoring even when there are no lights on and its pitch black. Be sure to consider night vision and decide if this is a feature you truly want.
- Storage Capacity – The amount of storage available on the NVR system typically dictates how long the storage is saved on the device before its permanently deleted. For example, if you want to hold on to footage from a month ago, you’ll likely need to pick up an NVR system that offers a large amount of storage.
- Indoor/Outdoor Capabilities – Some NVR security systems offer the ability for indoor monitoring while others can feature outdoor capabilities. Depending on your wants and needs, you may want to consider getting the appropriate system. Additionally, some NVR systems do offer both functionalities.
- Resolution of Recording – Some security systems offer high definition recording while others do not. If you’d like to have a high level of detail in your recordings, consider grabbing the NVR system that offers high definition recordings.
- Motion Detection and Remote Viewing – Motion detection and remote viewing while out and about are often sought after features. If you’d like to have the system monitor for movements and motion and record once a motion is detected, be sure to pick up an NVR system that offers this functionality. Additionally, if you’d like to monitor your secured environment, keep an eye out for the product’s ability to remote view. Some systems even allow for mobile notifications depending on sound/motion, which is quite nice to have.
Top 5 Best NVR Systems of 2018
|Ranking||Preview||Product Name||Our Rating|
Reolink 16 Channel Video Surveillance...
By Reolink Digital
|504 Reviews||View Product|
Zmodo 1080p Full HD 8 Outdoor Video...
|1,050 Reviews||View Product|
Zmodo 1080p 8CH HDMI NVR 1TB HDD - 8 HD...
|1,773 Reviews||View Product|
Smonet 4CH 720P HD NVR Wireless Security...
|1,063 Reviews||View Product|
Zmodo 1080p HD NVR WiFi System 4 HD...
|1,312 Reviews||View Product|
Popular Network Video Recorder System Brands
The below mentioned security brands are considered high-quality, professional, and extremely reliable. If you’re picking up an NVR system from one of the below brands, you’re in good hands. However, please keep in mind that there are hundreds of other high-quality brands that might work for you. These below mentioned security recording system brands currently in high demand.
Other Things Previous NVR System Customers Considered
- Camera Visibility – There are many approaches to protect your family and possessions. Some try to prevent theft and burglary with visible cameras. On the other hand, others feel that it’s more effective to hide the cameras from plain sight. Consider what type of approach you’d like to take with your NVR IP camera system. This will help you shape your thought process on the design and color of the cameras themselves.
- Solar Powering – Oddly enough, some security cameras are now offering the ability to be fully powered by the sun. Simply attach the solar panel to the camera and the rest is history. It should go without saying, but this type of system is starting to appear for outdoor NVR systems.
- Wired/Wireless Transmission between Cameras – Some security systems offer the ability to transfer footage over wifi while other offer the footage transfer via an ethernet cable.
- Offsite Backup – If you’re looking to have your footage immediately backed up offsite so that it’s untouchable, you may want to look for this type of functionality. Some systems offer this functionality but almost universally seems to cost the consumer more money and is considered a “subscription” type of expense that renews monthly.
- Ease of Installation – Depending on the complexity and number of components integrated inside of your NVR system, you should expect installation to range in difficulty. However, the video below describes a nice overview on how to install most NVR security systems.