Foot callus is the thick, white/yellow later or dead skin. This lump of skin makes feet look ugly. But, what can be worse than having conventionally unattractive feet right? Anyone who has ever faced severe foot callus can confirm how painful it is. But when it left untreated the foot start growing more callus tissues. Then there comes a time when the foot gets small cracks.
After this little to no pressure will split the cracks open and make them bleed. Moreover, if it ends up creating cracks then these crevices become an easier target for bacteria.
This is why it is recommended to treat it as soon as possible. But what creates foot callus in the first place? Continue reading to learn more about foot callus’ and what the best foot callus removers are!
The Best Foot Callus Removers
Best for Budget – Professional Pedicure Foot File
Going back to the basics, this professional foot callus remover is designed to give absolute control to the users over how vigorously they want to use it. The design of this professional foot file is not too innovative and in hindsight, it looks similar to many non-electric callus removers available in the market. The product, however, is unique when it comes to the functionality and freedom it gives to the users.
Foot calluses are a regular part of those people’s lives who spend the better part of their day standing or those who work out. Some elderly people also face this problem and only through taking care of your feet, you can make sure they stay fresh and free from any callus. While being mostly harmless, foot callus is not that slightly, especially with the summer right around the corner when you might decide to spend time on the beach with your friends.
This professional pedicure foot file is neither too large or small which makes it extremely comfortable to use. The frame is also made up of strong material so the file won’t break even after rough usage. The abrasive paper can also be changed easily with a convenient peel-off action. Finally, the abrasive paper on this file does not lose its effectiveness in the water, so you can easily use and store the file anywhere you want.
Most Popular – Electric Callus Remover: Rechargeable Electronic Foot File CR900 by Own Harmony
The electric callus remover by Own Harmony justifies its global popularity with its incredible capabilities and reasonable prices. With happy customers in the US, Australia, Japan, China, and many other nations around the world, you’ll never go wrong with this incredible callus remover.
Designed to be used by anyone without needing anything else, the callus remover can give you a pedicure look without spending a lot of money on a spa or salon. Now you can confidently wear those high heels without any worries.
The electric callus remover is rechargeable and comes with a powerful battery that can last a long time. Simply soak the callus remover in warm water before use and start using this product. You can even use it on a dry fee without any problems. The callus remover also comes with a smart function of automatically slowing down when you stop applying pressure on it during use. Additionally, the company promises a free replacement in case anything goes wrong without charging you anything. Overall, this electric callus remover is sleekly designed and comes with great customer service. Once purchased, you won’t have to worry about investing a lot of money on any similar product for a long time.
Editor’s Choice – SaxVon Electric Foot Callus Machine
While there are multiple foot callus machines available in the market that deal with regular or small calluses but there are very few products in the market that are designed to make the roughest feet feel soft like a baby’s skin. If you love in a very hot area or if your job requires you to stand for a long time, this is the best device for you.
The SaxVon electric foot callus machine is one of the most powerful foot callus removers available in the market and requires 65-watt power to operate, which is quite higher than the common 3- or 5-watt power consumption of common callus removers. The SaxVon Electric Foot Callus Machine comes with 12 different sanding discs that allow mild and coarse exfoliations. Allowing you to use the machine according to your preference. You won’t have to worry about adding batteries or charging the device as it comes with a socket wire.
Electric Callus Remover, Rechargeable Foot File Hard Skin Remover
The Electronic Callus Remover by IWEEL is an incredible product for consumers looking for a powerful and reasonably priced option. It comes with several features that are hard to find in a callus remover of this price range and because of that, it is featured in this list.
The callus remover’s most unique feature is its interchangeable roller heads. In stock, the remover comes with three different heads designed for specialized operations. The heads are fine, regular, and coarse, and depending on your need you can use them interchangeably. The fine roller head is designed for people who have extremely delicate skin while the coarse one is made for rough feet and dead skin cells. Additionally, the callus remover has an extremely powerful battery which allows it to operate continuously for 120 minutes. The housing also comes with a 5-level battery indicator so you will always know when your remover needs to be charged.
In addition to the above-mentioned features, the foot callus remover also comes with IPX7 water resistance which protects the device even when it is submerged in water. The remover also comes with 2 different speed settings to give you greater freedom over its use.
Electric Feet Callus Removers Rechargeable, Portable Electronic Foot File Pedicure Tools
Pritech presents its state-of-the-art electric callus remover that redefines our expectations due to its ideal features and price. The wireless callus remover comes with a powerful rechargeable battery that allows it to operate for extended periods without any problem. The remover also has several safety features that are hard to find in other alternatives available in the market. It can automatically stop in case of pressure difference to protect your healthy skin from blemishes that sometimes happen due to use. Additionally, the foot callus remover also comes with an automatic drying lid that prevents bacterial growth in the roller.
The operations of this electronic foot callus remover are also extremely simple. You can use it on wet skin or dry skin according to your convenience. The waterproof nature of this callus remover will also allow it to be used and stored easily in a bathtub for getting a convenient pedicure.
Additional Callus Remover Products to Look At
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to unclog &...
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta...
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant...
- Perfect solution for dry ,calloused and cracked heels which gives soft fancy feet...
- Large yet light weight design allows you to work with ease and gives quick amazing...
- Gives equally good results on both dry and wet foot surfaces that allows the user to...
- Original, powerful formulation is back: Remove years of rough and unsightly skin from...
- Foot Care Improved: It's never been easier to care for your feet. No need to buy...
- Pedicure tools don't need to be complicated or expensive, and Lee Beauty is here to...
- Exfoliates and smooths hard, rough and callused skin with little effort
- Safe, gentle and effective
- Soft-touch handle provides a comfortable grip
- For Soft, Smooth Feet - Maryton professional foot pumice stone to remove calluses and...
- Improved Foot Scrub Features - Maryton has been committed to inventing a best callus...
- Premium Pedicure Tools - Our best selling blue pumice stone set are widely used by...
Causes of Callus Formation
- The main reason why foot callus is formed is because of constant pressure on the area. It is usually seen that people who are noticeably overweight, have joints and foot problem. The toxic combination of their weight and gravity can form callous tissues.
- Health specialists have been preaching for years that high heels are unsafe. Wearing high heels can put extra pressure on the toe and can cause several foot deformities. So, this extra pressure results in callus formation. And if your back hurts all the time, you should blame your heels for that too.
- How many times have you heard the benefits of using moisturizer? Well, just hearing the statement does nothing. It has been seen that not moisturizing callus can accelerate the formation of it and make the cause worse.
Callus Removers & Features to Consider
In nature when lava mixes with water it creates pumice stones. These stones have an open pore structure and heavy feel to it. These stones are in use for dry skin removal for ages. While buying a pumice stone you should consider the following details:
- Man-made: Yes, the original pumice stones are created in nature. But those stones can be abrasive to the skin and further damage them. On the other hand, a pumice stone that we prepare in the industry works great and is softer in the skin.
- Double Sided: Double-sided pumice has a different texture on each side. One is more porous and has a sponge-like structure. While the other side is softer and smoother. We recommend using the textured side for a thick layer of dead skins. The smoother side is for maintenance and regular use.
No one is oblivious to the nail file people use that helps to shape nails. But did you know the same concept has been applied to create a foot file? This tool is best for “cement feet” or extreme foot callus that seems permanent. When buying a file for your feet look for the following features:
- Sturdy Handle: This tool is used manually so a study grip would enhance the result.
- Metallic File: Yes, this file has a “sandpaper” option too but go for one with the metallic blade layer. The metallic blade is durable than sandpaper and makes sure it is corrosion-proof for even a longer lifespan.
- Suitable Size: Well, there is no perfect size for a foot file. It depends on who is using and how big their feet are. So, choose the size that suits you the best.
Automatic Foot Callus Remover:
This is a rather fancier version of both of the above removers. An automatic foot callus remover is a handy device that has one or multiple rollers on the top. These rollers are covered with a layer of crystals that removes dead skin. You can use this product multiple times a week. Incorporate it especially with normal bath routine for forever young feet.
- Portability: This is a remover that nose people use regularly. A smaller body is better as you can carry it around in a purse or backpack.
- Battery-Runtime: A longer battery life of a remover can run for multiple sessions within running out of charge. So, look for a device that has 6 hours of run-time and charges within 3 hours.
- Waterproof: We recommend using this roller callus remover during bath and on wet feet. Which means the waterproof feature will increase the lifespan of the device.
Callus Removing Mask:
Due to the growth of the beauty and skincare industry, we have masks for every problem. From dark circles to chapped lips, these masks make everything look beautiful. There are several callus-removing masks in the market that work amazing. For best results, look for the following ingredients in your callus removing the mask.
- Lactic Acid: A form of lactic acid is present in milk i.e. lactose and it eats dead skin. This is the reason why Cleopatra’s goat milk beauty regime is famous. For smoother skin you do not have to bath in milk, just get a mask with lactic acid in it.
- Salicylic Acid: You might have heard the name on some chemical peel promotion. Well, this ingredient is famous for its exfoliating properties. It can rid of any type of callus in no time.
DIY – Callus Removal Treatment
In extreme foot callus cases, we highly recommend you see a doctor. But if the dry skin on your feet is fairly normal you can remove it at home. This is a step by step guide to for at-home callus removal.
Foot Callus Remover Tool: File, Pumice stone or Automatic Roller:
- Soak feet in lukewarm water till feet became soft.
- Rub the tool on excess dry skin.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Wear soaks to look moisture.
Foot Callus Remover Tool: Mask
- Apply the mask on clean feet.
- Leave it on for an hour or as per instruction.
- Take off the mask, do not apply anything afterward.
The callus removing mask does not have immediate results. During the next 14 days, the dry skin will fall off slowly.
Many persons take good care of their skin but ignore their feet. Regular DIY callus removal treatment makes the feet look younger and youthful. And can also save you from a lot of pain and expensive medical bills.