Looking to pick up gardening as a new hobby but don’t want to trek outside? Thanks to indoor grow tents, you no longer need to step one foot outside. In Today’s article, we’re looking at some of the most reliable, affordable, and durable grow tents on the market today. We spent a considerable amount of time collecting previous customer data and we’re happy to report out findings! Continue reading to learn what grow tents & how to get the best bang for your buck!
Best Grow Tents (for the Money)
VIVOSUN Grow Tent (with Observation Window)
This is one of the most popular grow tents sold on Amazon. This specific grow-tent is offered in a number of shapes and sizes, able to accommodate most size restraints. This grow tent is extremely easy to set up, use, and maintain for a long period of time. One of the unique benefits of this great grow tent is the integrated observation window, allowing you to easily check the plant growth progress without letting heat and light escape the tent. Take a look at this tent and see if it fits all your needs!
Apollo Horticulture Hydroponic Grow Tent
The Apollo Horticulture Hydroponic Grow Tent is one of the best available on the market today simply because it offers the ultimate in latest technological updates at extremely affordable prices. The long-lasting and durable frame is covered in a piece of thick fabric with quality double stitching and the zips are heavy duty and reliable. The reflective mylar is said to be 92% to 97% returning of the light, so at just under $100, you really cannot go wrong with this model. We will say that this model is quite small and only really useable for those looking to grow a small harvest for personal use.
Gorilla Grow Tent Indoor Hydroponic
The Gorilla Grow Tent Indoor Hydroponic is an impressive size, reaching up to almost 8 feet when extended to its maximum height. The large EZ view windows allow you to check-in without having to enter your grow tent, which means less chance for contamination from the external environment. Another favorite of ours and especially popular among professional growers who wish for that little extra room, this tent comes in at around $700.
iPower Hydroponic Water-resistant grow tent
The iPower Hydroponic Water-resistant grow tent comes in at the best value for money as this 4×8 size tent offers a sturdy and reliable shelter for less than you might think. Be careful with the zipper quality here, but otherwise if you are looking for a bargain tent at a large size that really does the job, the iPower is the way to go.
Other Grow Tents
|Ranking||Preview||Product Name||Our Rating|
VIVOSUN 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and...
||1,288 Reviews||View Product|
VIVOSUN 48"x24"x60" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and...
||644 Reviews||View Product|
VIVOSUN 96"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and...
||181 Reviews||View Product|
TopoLite 24"x24"x48" 32"x32"x63" 36"x36"x72" 48"x24"x72" 48"x48"x80"...
||332 Reviews||View Product|
Ohuhu 48"x 48"x 80" Grow Tent with Observation Window & Tool Bag, Mylar...
||29 Reviews||View Product|
Grow Tent Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to indoor gardening, a grow a tent is an invaluable tool that allows you to grow quality plants in an artificial environment that you have full control over. The beauty of an indoor garden, unlike an open garden, is that very little effort is required once your plants are set to grow. You only need to put in the initial time and money in order to achieve these results.
By creating the perfect environment inside a grow tent your plants and subsequent vegetables or flowers can benefit from being pest and pesticide-free. It is an ingenious solution allowing you to have full control over what you choose to grow and how you choose to nurture them. For amateurs and professionals alike, a grow tent is a fun way to acquire fantastic ingredients for the kitchen and beyond.
Hydroponics often use grow tents as a vital piece of the hydroponic system. Grow lights, good ventilation, a hydroponic system, and nutrients are all necessary factors, but nothing else matters if you do not have a grow tent in which to operate the entire system within.
Choosing the best grow tent for the money is not an easy task, and there are multiple factors that you need to consider before you go ahead and purchase a grow tent of your own. We will look at some important criteria that go into the making of a great grow tent before looking at the best grow tents on the market today.
A grow tent is basically fabric wrapped around a frame of metal poles. The fabric is layered with reflective material on the inside so that as much light as possible is available for the plants. Grow tents differ from a grow box where they are more versatile and transportable. Boxes tend to be clunky and heavy. Grow tents have far surpassed grow boxes in popularity with commercial hydroponic growers.
Main Things to Consider
By using a grow tent, you are able to control every aspect of your growing conditions. From light to nutrients and water, every condition is monitored and perfected which is crucial to getting the best possible yields from your crop. The quality of your grow tent should, therefore, be quite high so that you can rely on it to perform under difficult conditions.
- Ensure that the tent is able to hold up to extreme heat because you will be dealing with hot lights hanging in enclosed spaces as well as electrical parts in close quarters with water. Accidents can happen and you need to be prepared for them.
- As a rule of thumb, try to buy the strongest fabric that you can afford. Generally, grow tent fabric density is measured in denier with most tents available between 120D to 600D. Thicker and stronger fabrics are able to contain smell and sound more effectively and can also keep airborne spores, pests, and diseases out of the tent.
- One of the key factors of a grow tent is the reflective inner layer called mylar. It is important to ensure that you look for the best reflective properties available. Reflectivity is measured in percentage and by patterns. Diamond patterned mylar appears to have the best reflective quality.
- Ensure there are no gaps in your fabric so that you can use your grow lights effectively. The best grow tents are ‘light-tight’, meaning that absolutely no light escapes once the system is up and running. Overlapping Velcro flaps that cover corners and edges are features to look for here.
- Zippers are generally the first thing to go on a tent because they are used very often as you are daily checking your plants. If you are hoping for your grow tent to last for several years, look for zips that are large and easy to zip so that there is less room for wear and tear and mistakes that can damage the zipper.
- Look for a sturdy frame with interlocking poles. Height adjustable poles are also a great option as this gives you greater freedom when growing plants that require plenty of vertical height. When in doubt, choose metal over plastic poles and steel over other types of metal. Look for poles with a snapping locking mechanism so that movement and wear and tear over time does not lead to a breakdown of the tent.
- A grow tent traditionally has three ports: ventilation, exhaust, and cord. Ventilation ports help to vent out hot air and you should expect at least one of these in your tent. Exhaust ports are for more heavy-duty ventilation and cord ports should be well placed so that you do not need to have a multitude of extension cords running everywhere.