Network Video Recording systems or NVR systems are a perfect security measure that can make your life much easier. Whether it be piece-of-mind, protections against intruders, protection of valuables, or any other reason, an NVR system can help to beef up your security measures and protect the people and items you care most about. No matter if you’re looking to protect your home or a business, an NVR system is a perfect solution to protect your assets. Below, you’ll find an assortment of the best network video recording systems that have been thoroughly reviewed and used. Be sure to scroll down to learn more about important features, brands, and more.
The Best NVR Systems to Buy (WiFi & IP POE Cameras)
Although some of the below-listed NVR systems did not make it to our list above, we felt it would be beneficial to you, the reader, to consider these products if you haven’t found the perfect NVR system yet. These below-listed units are more progressive and modern, helping you save money and experience modern technology to help protect what is important to you.
Best for Budget – Wireless Security Camera System by Firstrend
Made for those who do not want to compromise on their security but do not want to spend a fortune on a camera system. The Firstrend wireless security camera system is a great option because of the various advantages it has. Being a unique system, it comes equipped with several features that make it one of the best choices in their price range.
The Firstrend system does not come with a hard drive but you can order one starting from 1 TB to 3 TB, the manufacturers give you the complete freedom of selecting your package at your convenience. The basic setup has 4 CCTV camera and the number can be expanded up to 8.
The firstrend wireless camera system is truly ‘plug and play’. It comes pre-set so you don’t have to bother yourself with the technical stuff. Simply connect the cameras to a power source and start recording. The cameras of this system are water and weatherproof which means that you don’t have to be worried about the cameras being affected by extreme weather conditions. The cameras also have night vision capabilities, a mobile app with live access, and the ability to zoom up to 65 feet so you are protected round the clock.
Most Popular – WD ReadyView 4MP Surveillance System
Easy to set up and use, the WD ReadyView Surveillance System comes with 4 waterproof cameras that can be expanded up to 8 cameras. The IP67 Rated cameras are made of metal and have a metal coupler that protects the ethernet cable. All the cameras come with a state-of-the-art night vision system that can record in low-light conditions with a range of about 30 meters.
The motion detection system in the WD ReadyView System is quite intelligent that can even be triggered by the smallest moment. The application also allows you to identify a trip line where the system will send you a notification whenever someone will cross a line. Using the application, you can specify areas by drawing shapes on the application so you’ll receive a notification on the mobile application.
The WD Intelligent system records videos round the clock in 1520p HD resolution so you can make out the tiniest of details from the video. With the option of viewing live feeds from multiple devices, you will always stay in touch with your home. The surveillance system also detects any sudden change in scenery and immediately sends a notification.
Editor’s Choice – Reolink 16CH 5MP PoE Home Security Camera System
We believe that there should be no compromise on your safety and security and the Reolink 16CH ensures it with its ideal features. The system comes with about 8 HD cameras that have the capability of recording excellent videos even when it’s completely dark. The maximum zoom of the cameras is about 100 feet which is ideal as you would be able to cover every single corner of your property.
When you buy the Reolink 16CH system, you won’t need to rely on any handyman or networking expert. Simply take out the included wire, connect everything and start enjoying maximum security with convenience. The system also comes with a pre-installed 3 TB HDD so you can record everything without worrying about storage.
The security system comes with the capability of detecting movement and sends out alerts whenever it notices anything potentially dangerous. The system sends you an email, push notification on the phone, and sounds an alarm if you want. In addition to all of that, the pictures of that instance are immediately uploaded to the FTP cloud server so the record is maintained even if someone tries to tamper with the NVR system.
Reolink 4MP 8CH PoE Video Surveillance System
Reolink presents the incredible 4MP 8CH Security system. The system comes with 4 rotating cameras that can easily cover every inch of the required space without leaving any blind spots. The plug and play system is incredibly easy to adapt and the system can be installed by anyone having no technical knowledge.
The NVR system comes with a pre-installed 2 TB HDD that also has the feature of automatically uploading snaps to the cloud in case someone tries to take away the footage. The intuitive app by Reolink can be installed for free on both Android and IOS platforms. The app gives you 24/7 notifications that allow you to remotely access any camera over the internet. Even if you are on vacation, you can always ‘drop-in’ virtually and check the porch.
To prevent the security system from ringing the alarm or sending you a notification every time a stray animal goes through your property, you can set up customized detecting zones so you’ll only be notified in case of a real threat. Other than that, the NVR system is full of several other state-of-the-art features that are also common in other similar products to give you round the clock security.
ANNKE 5MP POE Security Camera System
ANNKE 5MP POE Camera System is an incredible NCR system available at a very reasonable price. The POE protocol directly takes power from the ethernet cable so you don’t have to deal with a lot of wires. The simplified installation procedure saves your money as well as you don’t have to take the services of a handyman or a networking expert.
A unique feature of the ANNKE cameras is its super wide-angle lens. The lens can cover an area of about 1300 so there are no blind spots and every single corner always remains under surveillance. Another distinguishing feature of the ANNKE system is the Starlight Color light vision. This system maintains optimum visibility under dark conditions and switches between colored and black-and-white footage automatically. You even have the option of making the camera always shoot in colored or black and white mode when the night vision is turned on.
Data security and privacy protection are huge concerns that are seldom addressed by NVR systems. The ANNKE 5MP Security system comes with a secure encryption protocol that protects your privacy and prevents any unauthorized access to your cameras.
Yi Four-Camera Security NVR System
Other NVR Security Camera Systems to Consider
|Ranking||Preview||Product Name||Our Rating|
Reolink 16CH 5MP PoE Home Security Camera System, 8 x Wired 5MP Outdoor PoE...
||136 Reviews||View Product|
Reolink 8CH 5MP PoE Home Security Camera System, 4pcs Wired 5MP Outdoor PoE...
||229 Reviews||View Product|
ZOSI PoE Home Security Camera System,H.265+ 8Channel 5MP CCTV NVR Recorder...
||1,627 Reviews||View Product|
Reolink 8CH 5MP PoE Home Security Camera System, 4pcs Wired 5MP Outdoor PoE...
||139 Reviews||View Product|
Reolink 4MP 16CH PoE Video Surveillance System, 8pcs Wired Outdoor 1440P...
||210 Reviews||View Product|
Important NVR System Features to Consider
- Number of Cameras – The number of incorporated cameras can vary between NVR systems. Depending on the size of the space you want to be monitored and protected, you may want to think about the appropriate amount of cameras.
- Night Vision – Nowadays, most NVR systems come equipped with night-vision functionality to allow monitoring even when there are no lights on and its pitch black. Be sure to consider night vision and decide if this is a feature you truly want.
- Storage Capacity – The amount of storage available on the NVR system typically dictates how long the storage is saved on the device before its permanently deleted. For example, if you want to hold on to footage from a month ago, you’ll likely need to pick up an NVR system that offers a large amount of storage.
- Indoor/Outdoor Capabilities – Some NVR security systems offer the ability for indoor monitoring while others can feature outdoor capabilities. Depending on your wants and needs, you may want to consider getting the appropriate system. Additionally, some NVR systems do offer both functionalities.
- Resolution of Recording – Some security systems offer high definition recording while others do not. If you’d like to have a high level of detail in your recordings, consider grabbing the NVR system that offers high definition recordings.
- Motion Detection and Remote Viewing – Motion detection and remote viewing while out and about are often sought after features. If you’d like to have the system monitor for movements and motion and record once motion is detected, be sure to pick up an NVR system that offers this functionality. Additionally, if you’d like to monitor your secured environment, keep an eye out for the product’s ability to remote view. Some systems even allow for mobile notifications depending on sound/motion, which is quite nice to have.
Network Video Recording Shopping Guide
As a parent, there is nothing more important than the protection of the family. Even the crime drops over the last few decades and further reductions are the priorities of the Administration. We cannot lower our guard.
In this era of technology, there’s a vast array of products that we can buy to protect our family. But, there’s one device that stands out. This device became a necessity that almost all establishments have it. We called it a security camera or the NVR.
What is an NVR System?
It means Network Video Recorder or security camera. As the name implies, it enables the homeowners to have remote access to live video and simultaneous recording. It’s part of a home security system.
The NVR is a complete system. It is fitted with Internet Protocol (IP) camera for IP surveillance, special software for recording and data management. It also offers a wireless connection.
NVR and other security cameras in the market plays a major role in our society. It prevents crimes, helps to identify the culprit and became crucial evidence against criminals.
Furthermore, its help us to track our properties. We can access any time to check if we forget to lock the door or to unplug the appliances. Also, it helps us to watch children.
The features of NVR differ from brand and manufacturers. Also, even in the same manufacturer, it varies on the factors that you need. It means there are variations to choose from. The following are the most common features.
- Remote viewing – you can control all the camera, access to real-time and recorded video via a smartphone.
- Vandal Proof – It will give you peace of mind knowing that your camera can withstand against vandalism and burglars. Besides, it will send you an alert message in case of an attack. We all know that the dismantling of the camera is the first aim of criminals before they operate.
- Megapixel higher resolution – It will provide you with a clear image of a license plate or a personal identification. It’s a valuable piece of evidence.
- Night vision capabilities – Not long ago, this technology is only used by the military. Today, it can protect your home. By using the night-mode, it can give you a better image of the area.
- Thermal surveillance – It’s often used in combination with night vision. This technology will identify the trespassers based on heat (thermal energy) tracking.
- Two-way audio communication -You can talk to your children while you are in the office or abroad.
- Instant notification – When the mentioned above sensors are triggered, the system will notify you via email or text message.
- PTZ features – IP camera is equipped with pan–tilt–zoom
- More memory capacity – you can store the recorded video in longer days.
- Option for a network connection – you can connect the IP camera to the router via wired, wireless, and cellular
NVR vs. DVR
DVR means “digital video recorder”. It’s regarded as the predecessor of NVR cos it did not offer a wireless solution.
The following are the different features that can help you which device is suitable for your needs.
- Price – the DVR is lower compared to NVR
- Process – in NVR, each IP camera processes the surveillance video then streamed to the recorder for storage and display. Whereas the DVR process the video itself in the recorder.
- Camera – The IP camera or NVR can record high-quality video and audio, it can handle the HD resolution below 2mp up to 12mp or higher. Also, it has improved smart functionality that enables facial recognition and data analytics. While the DVR is using an analog camera and only limited at 2mp resolution.
- Wiring – You can install an NVR camera using an ethernet cable or connect it via WiFi. Whereas you need to wire the entire house for the DVR system.
- Distance – to maintain a good signal, the camera with DVR cannot place more than 300 ft away from the recorder. Whereas the NVR can use the WiFi, its transmission can reach up to 600 ft.
- Output – the image and video of DVR are lower quality and sometimes are unrecognizable. It is useless as evidence.
- Ease of use – The NVR is a little-complicated device, especially to the non- tech-savvy individuals. The cameras are network programmed and need to connect to an IP address. On the other hand, the DVR is more straightforward, you can install the system using the player and plug solution. In either case, both suppliers offer installation and maintenance for their customers.
- Replacement – The market share of the DVR is declining yearly, sooner it will be considered obsolete, and there is no compatible camera in the market.
Other advantages of using NVR
- Allow multi-user to access the IP camera using a different device
- It’s easy to export and save video, image and voice recording into the email.
- You can enable the IP camera for smart tracking, a motion alarm, and other sensors.
- It’s easy to install, there’s a lot of Do-it-yourself video on the internet, provided by the manufacturer and supplier.
Hybrid Video Recorder (HVR)
This device is a combination of IP and analog cameras. The advantage of HVR is when you are already using DVR and you want to update the system.
The HVR is compatible with analog and IP cameras. This device will help to reduce the cost compared to replacing the whole system for NVR.
When buying a security camera we need to be aware of the quality. What is the use of an unrecognizable image? It’s a waste of money and we compromise the safety of our loved one.
Also, we need to be careful about setting the program. It will help to prevent a false alarm. Sometimes our sensors are linked to the police station, it will cost their effort for nothing and we get a fine.
Most of all we need to avoid investing in obsolete technology. It will cost us money for the sooner replacement.