The confusion is real when it comes to choosing the best robotic vacuum. There are so many brands and models that you might feel overwhelmed by your choices, or maybe just need some help figuring out what’s ideal for thick carpets (high pile) like shag carpeting! Well fear not because we’ve got all of this covered in our comprehensive guide on finding your perfect robot vacuum cleaner.
Best Robot Vacuums For Deep & Thick Carpets (High Pile)
if you’re specifically in the market to find a robot vacuum and you find yourself having a shag carpet, it can be a difficult search. luckily, we’ve researched for you. Below, you can find some of the best-selling and most popular shag-carpet-friendly robot vacuums:
1) Shark RV1001AE IQ (With Self-Emptying)#CommissionsEarned
At A Glance:
- Powerful robotic vacuum with self-emptying capabilities
- Set and forget with a daily or weekly automated routine
- Safe bumpers to prevent home damage.
- Self-cleaning & self-charging
- Wi-Fi connected and works with Amazon Alexa
2) iRobot Roomba 694#CommissionsEarned
At a Glance:
- 1,670Pa Suction Power – great for dog hair
- Offers Wi-Fi connectivity for wireless management of the vacuum.
- Self-Charging & reliable scheduler for automated daily or weekly cleaning.
3) eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX#CommissionsEarned
At A Glance:
- A powerful and minimal robotic vacuum that works well on carpets with high pile.
- Strong, 2000Pa suction power.
- Quiet and is able to be ran on a daily timer (with included remote)
- Easy to set up, use, and automate your home cleaning.
4) Bagotte 2200PA Robotic Vauum Cleaner#CommissionsEarned
At A Glance:
- Powerful 2000Pa suction power
- Includes a useful remote control for programming and on-demand cleaning
- Quiet when running & auto self-charges when battery is running low.
- Easy set-and-forget weekly or daily cleaning based on timer.
Bagotte’s Robotic Vacuum is a newer model to hit the market and its quickly gaining popularity. Thanks not only does it have super strong vacuum (2000PA), but people rave how efficient this automated cleaner actually works! The device can be controlled via wifi, which makes using them simple as pie; you don’t need any complicated app or codes because everything just becomes convenient for your lifestyle needs – plus they’re voice compatible with Amazon Alexa/Google Assistant too.
More Best-Selling Robot Vacuums to Check Out
- 🏠[2-In-1 Mopping Robot Vacuum]: The 1400Pa mopping robot vacuum cleaner combo can...
- 📱[Smart App & Voice Control] You can easily create a home clean schedule, change...
- 🔔[Intelligent Obstacle Avoidance Upgraded Again]: The robot vacuum has advanced 3D...
- 🎄[IQ LED Display] Get the information of cordless vacuum cleaner performance in...
- 🎄[2 Powerful Suction Modes] The cordless vacuum cleaner equipped with a 200W...
- 🎄[Better Cleaning Results] Configure the 7 -layer sealing filtering system, and...
- Compatible with Ultra and all other Roborock Robotic Vacuums, Dyad Cordless Wet/Dry...
- Removes tracked in dirt, grime, mud, and tough pet messes from sealed hard floors....
- Safe for use in homes with kids and pets (when used as directed). Please be aware...
- ☕From 2019 to 2022, our robot vacuum iterated from the original M201 to the third...
- 🤖【Unique Freemove Patent Technology】 This M210Pro robot vacuum cleaner has a...
- 😃【Small Body Design】: With a 28cm diameter, M210P robotic vacuum cleaner can...
- EVERY PURCHASE SAVES PETS. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its...
- FULL SIZE POWER, COMPACT DESIGN. Powerful suction in a lightweight and compact...
- SCATTER-FREE TECHNOLOGY. Captures messes on hard floors with less scatter.
How to Shop for A New Robotic Vacuum
Like all great inventions, a robot vacuum is intended to make your life that little bit easier. Designed to perform either when you’re at work or whilst you’re asleep, or perhaps to provide some entertainment as you watch it zoom about the house in pre-determined patterns, these glorious inventions can vacuum, mop and dust all at the single press of a button. Giving you more time for things that are important to you, such as spending time with your family, relaxing or working on that hobby that will one day help you quit your 9 to 5.
But when it comes to shopping for these somewhat new inventions, like anything, it can be a little overwhelming. Never fear, for you have come to the right place. We have scoured our sources and present to you a neat and compact must-have guide for when you are considering buying one of these robotic servants of your own, so read on and discover what exactly you need to know.
Do You Need A Robot Vacuum?
Because the future is now, and we have robots plying to our every need. Slow cookers make our food, dishwashers clean them, cars can drive themselves, and we use our phones to turn our lights and TVs on so that we can look like we are home when we aren’t. Why not get a robot to clean up a little after ourselves as well?
If you’re unsure whether the hassle of programming the thing is worth the trouble, or if it will do such a terrible job that you have to go over missed bits when you get home, you’re not alone. Many people have not succumbed to the future yet and prefer to clean up the old fashioned way, and that is OK. But if you’re like me, with children and pets, then at least every second day the vacuum cleaner needs to come out, and if I can forestall that hassle to once or twice a week, then this is one not-so-big investment worth looking into.
Now, honestly, a robot vacuum cleaner does not compare to a hefty upright or deep cleaning machine, but it does have a few advantages that your regular vacuum cleaner doesn’t. Their sleek and small designs allow them to fit under some furniture such as couches and beds, saving you the hassle of moving furniture around if you ever do, and getting rid of all those dust bunnies from eons ago if you don’t. They perform well at picking up little scraps such as dust, dirt and pet fur, generally have sensors that prevent them from tumbling downstairs and most are so quiet that you are supposed to use them whilst you are asleep.
Important Robot Vacuum Features
Firstly, think about what type of floors you have. Most robotic vacuums can handle shifting between hardwood and carpeted floors, but lower-end models may get caught up in rug end tassels or you might come home to find it struggled to ascend onto the carpet. The Roomba 650 boasts large wheels that can climb carpet edges and the Neato Botvac Connected is a higher-end model that boosts power when it senses carpet, switching back down again when it returns to hardwood flooring. The iRobot Braava jet can mop your tiles and vinyl floor after it sucks away any dust or the Eufy Robovac 11 is a great lower-cost option if you simply need to keep on top of the pet fur from your hardwood floors.
A Quick Note on Shag Carpets (Or high pile carpets)
Shag carpets are soft, luxurious, deep and warm. They unfortunately also have a tendency to attract fur dust and dirt which can move deep into the shag making it hard for many vacuums to remove, let alone robotic vacuums. Specific vacuum cleaners are designed to work on shag carpets to avoid problems such as getting stuck for the wheels simply won’t move on the carpet or the suction is either too powerful or too weak to effectively remove fur and dirt from deep down in the shag.
If you have a shag carpet, look for models that boast their ability to handle not only carpets but carpets with long piles, such as the Robovac 11+ and the Roomba 980. Expect to pay more for the high-end models that are capable of maneuvering over this difficult surface and can also deliver results. Although at the high end of the price scale, the Roomba 980 outcompetes the competition with its carpet boost mode, delivering 10 times more suction than on ordinary mode.
Suction Power (Pa)
The more suction power your robot vacuum has, the more likely they are to picking up the debris or dog hair. Compare the various robot vacuums and try to find one with one of the higher suction powers.
Another important consideration when shopping for a robotic vacuum is the price tag. Modern robot vacuums come in at a number of price points. be sure to take the time to understand the value you’re getting (and features) in exchange for your hard-earned dollars.
If you are looking for a simple vacuum that works well on hardwood floors, sweeps, and mops, and can work on low pile carpets, then you can find models under $300. However, you will be missing out on features such as WiFi connectivity and detailed navigation routes. Up to $700 will provide you with these features, as well as additional perks such as data aggregation and receipts compiled onto these apps. There are many options available for $800 or more, but unless you really need such a machine for specific reasons such as a deep pile carpet, multiple rugs, and a large floor space, you might rather prefer cutting costs on this one.
Some people prefer to pick up a robot vacuum that automatically emptys iteself after a cleaning session. The debris ends up in the connected bin where its collected in larger volumes for you to periodically dump out into the garbage.
Looking for ultimate device connectivity? Do You have a smart home? If so, consider checking out the connectivity features for your desired robot vacuum.
If allergens are of concern to you, consider purchasing a vacuum with a HEPA filter. HEPA filters are high-quality filters designed to reduce allergens by removing 99.97% of particles larger than 0.3micrometers. Remember that HEPA filters should be changed after 6 months to continue working effectively.
Ignore The Rest
Don’t worry too much about battery life unless you have a massive floor space to cover. Many high-end robot vacuums will brag about their long battery life but unless you have more than 2 hours of robotic vacuuming, most vacuums will be able to cover your home from a full charge and if not, you can simply program it to return home to charge before setting out again. Many vacuums are self-charging, some reach full charge after only 2 hours and most come available with companion apps so you can monitor their performance.
There are a lot of robot vacuums that are readily available for you to purchase online. When shopping online it can become quite overwhelming – especially if you’re not technical. Take a look at our listed recommended robot vacuums for high-pile carpets, and read through our shopping guide to figure out what features you should focus on. Suction power & price are two of our most-important features in a robot vacuum, and we recommend that you use these features as a way to narrow down the available options you’re considering.