Music is food for the soul. An extremely cliché quote but nevertheless true as it has been proven by research that music indeed has a positive impact on us. Acquainting kids with music from a young age can have lots of benefits and what better way to do that than getting them a musical instrument at a developing age. In this guide, we will talk about the piano for toddlers and we hope it will be helpful when making you’re want to get one.
The Best Toddler Pianos to Consider
Bontempi Toddler Piano
Bontempi is a 31-key keyboard with a microphone. It is a lightweight and easy musical instrument for children. This Ukulele mini toy is a perfect primer to teach children the world of music. It helps you to teach your children basic rhythm, strumming, and other musical techniques. This piano also encourages children to develop hearing and creative skills.
It has some interactive functions and accessories. This 31-key children’s keyboard lights up when the child is playing, with a working microphone. Its imitation piano keys with tasty sound are more fun. This piano has a fixed-mobile microphone.
The variety of feeding modes of this toddler piano for far away play your baby. Its nature of style buttons encourages your child to touch and explore.
The best feature of this toddler piano is its demo songs and sounds. 24 demo songs, 8 percussions, and 4 sounds have added in it. It is a safe toy for children and is not disastrous for the environment. It has made of ecological ABS plastic material.
- Dual power modes and connectable
- 4XAA battery is available.
- Created with Eco-friendly plastic
- Easy for Children to learn
- Size is perfect for your toddler
- It can stimulate children at every stage of development
- If you are not using it for a long time, please take out the battery.
- Do not place the touch in a hot or humid place, or touch the source of the fire.
Baby Einstein Magic Touch Piano
This piano is the multifunction, musical piano with music stand and microphone. It is an educational toy for children. The 61-key keyboard piano can channel your child’s Mozart inner inspiration and make it a gift. Its recording and playback functions are suitable for beginners to practice.
The different tones, rhythms, and melodies of this piano allow your children to enjoy wonderful music. This piano also offers 100 sounds, 100 rhythms, and 50 demo songs. The music of the piano will promote the growth of listening. It also inspires children who are interested in music. The child in the game, exercises eye-hand coordination, coordination.
The appropriate size of the keyboard makes the Baby Einstein Magic Touch Piano the best ideal piano for travel that you can take anywhere.
The best of its features is, the keys are manufactured with non-toxic plastic. So, if you want to use a piano that does not harm your environment, you can get it. Amazing craftsmanship and smooth design of this piano, are also very children friendly, children won’t get hurt.
- Keyboard Piano is made of ecofriendly plastic
- Safe and very suitable for children.
- Recording functions and different teaching modes.
- You can choose a melody you like
- The piano keys are smaller
- The microphone without amplification function, just used for decoration.
Amy & Benton Toddler Piano
This is a toddler piano toy for Girls. It has 36 messengers, 24 Keys, and educational electronic musical instruments with a microphone. You can use it as a learning gift for toddlers. This keyboard piano is a perfect gift for kids at an early age, especially suite for preschool, which develops babies’ hand-eye coordination, music theory cognition, hearing, memory, and EQ.
This toddler piano has 22 demo songs. Amy piano offers four different kinds of musical instrument keys which are piano, music box, disco, and tango. There are adjustable microphone choices, which means the microphone can be adjusted up and down. Its multi-angle adjustable microphone stand is suitable for babies of different heights.
The speed control button is Rhythm +/ Rhythm. Its sixteen-segment fine-tune accompaniment for music tempo/tempo, pass through when playing a song, and adjust speed control buttons. If you don’t press any button for more than 2 minutes, it will be dormant automatically, followed by another piece of piano melody as an indicator.
- Convenient storage
- Built-in speaker
- LED butterfly light accompaniment
- External Equipment Available
- Automatic power-saving mode
- 8 Percussion Instrument
- Powered by 4 1.5 V AA batteries (not included).
- The microphone may not work due to shipping.
- Only a pink color is available.
Love & Mini Toddler Piano
This toddler piano keyboard is for girls. The My Music World Girls Keyboard for Simba girls brings music, fun, and entertainment to your home. Through the field of use, it is possible to configure multiple rhythms, melodies, and sound effects that kids can play and sing. It has 31 keys and is 55 cm high, and its stool is 23 cm high.
The dimensions of this toddler girl piano are 127 x 406 x 584 cm. The material it is made of is plastic. It comes with 3 AA batteries (Battery type have required). Language it comes in is Italian manual, German manual, French manual, English manual, Spanish manual, and Italian.
You can record songs and present them to viewers later with your piano. On the My World Music keyboard, you can find a control button, an on / off switch, a volume control, the voice of the animals, lighting effects, and a real microphone.
- Volume and other controlling features
- Stool height is good for children easy playing
- Suitable for children from 3 years. 3 1.5V LR6 batteries are not included.
- Just suitable for girls aged 3 years and up.
- Only a pink color is available.
- The stool is fixed 23 cm high, and it is not possible to change the height.
Melissa & Doug Toddler Piano
This is one of the best toddlers’ pianos. They can learn how to play this grand Piano. It comes in multicolor and with a stool which helps the kid to sit, feel at ease, and play it. So, you can get this classic piano of your favorite color. A classical grand piano for learning to play. This classic, child-friendly style piano offers an elegant introduction to piano practice.
The dimensions of this grand piano are 66 x 25 x 56 cm. This is an elegant introduction to the piano. It will not only encourage the toddlers to learn it but play it often as well. This classic-style grand piano comes with 30 keys, opening lid, and safety hinge. You can hook up your songbooks to its safety hinge and can make it more enchanting and beautiful. It has a resistant anti-tipping bench with it as well.
- It is a mini keyboard with 30 hand-tuned keys
- Lid that opens and closes safely.
- Non-folding bench.
- Easy-to-use song track (English texts).
- Assembly must be done by adults. It contains small pieces.
- Multi-color piano.
- Only the Spanish language is available.
- Need always help by an adult for the assembly.
- Only for the song track, you can use English.
- Batteries are not included.
Other Toddler Pianos to Think About
- Make Learning Fun: The KidiBeats Drum Set comes with three drum pads and a cymbal to...
- Rock Out and Learn: Toddlers can play along to 9 melodies in styles like rock, dance...
- Multiple Ways to Play: Toddlers will be entertained for hours with the 4 modes of...
- Infant activity gym with 4 ways to play as baby grows: Lay & play, Tummy time, Sit &...
- 3 Smart Stages learning levels introduce animals, colors, shapes, numbers and real...
- Large keyboard with 5 light-up keys, removes for take-along play!
- A best selling favorite with thousands of 5 star ratings
- Inspires a lifelong love of music. No Assembly Required
- Baby can switch between 10 total melodies
- 【Easy to Play】This music toy has two modes, the random mode can play 9 melodies,...
- 【25 Music Sounds】The musical mat contains 25 built-in sounds, including 7 animal...
- 【Anti- Slip and Soft Material】Joyjoz music mat is made of soft fabric, anti-slip,...
- Hours of mindless entertainment
- Batteries included
- Great gift for the person who has everything except a yodeling pickle
Benefits of Piano for Kids
Believe it or not but musical instruments have tons of benefits especially for the young ones as that’s the best stage during which most of the development in the brain happens. Getting a piano for your toddler might seem like getting them just another toy but in reality, it is much more than that. It helps develop patience and persistence as learning an instrument such as the piano require to preserve hours in order to get good at it.
The act of maintaining the instrument itself develops a sense of responsibility. For introvert or shy kids, a piano can be a good way through which they can express themselves and muster up confidence. As we know that many musical instruments, specifically a piano requires one to read the music sheet, it can help develop reading skills and coordination.
There are so many more benefits and it would be too much if I listed down all of them but a last significant one could be the aid it gives in developing social skills and maybe they can go join up a band, letting out the Beethoven hiding inside.
Choosing the best 3D puzzle
When it comes to the piano for toddlers, you have a bunch of options. From different types to different material and complexity. They can be small handheld types or small replicas of an actual piano.
When it comes to choosing the right one for your kid, it mostly depends on what fascinates them right on the shelf, but there are certain things that should be considered before choosing a piano. In the next part of this guide, we will go through some aspects which will give your child an amazing learning experience while having fun!
Things to consider
When it comes to piano, size matters. Digital pianos come in different shapes and sizes, ranging from 25 to the conventional 88 keys, when choosing a piano, this is something which should be definitely be considered. The bigger the piano, the closer it is to the conventional one and though initially, it might be difficult for your kids to reach all the keys it will be the best if in the future they plan to pursue with it. Though the price tag jumps by the increment in size and number of keys, the playability also increases. With more defined keystrokes and sounds, the transition becomes easier from beginner level to intermediate and hopefully all the way to Beethoven. Another factor related to size is the space so be sure to buy one that can fit in that cozy spot by the fireplace.
Weighted keys are an integral part of an acoustic piano. Though there are some pianos for toddlers without any weighted keys and yes they are easy to use and practice, they will certainly not develop the required skills needed to play an acoustic piano later on. There are few different types of weighted keys and while buying one, they should be understood so you can make a more intelligent choice.
- Spring action – They basically try to imitate the weighted keystrokes on the strings by using springs and the sound varies by how much force is applied to the key.
- Semi-weighted – They are somewhat in between of the spring action and weighted keys
- Weighted – Similar to the hammer action of an actual acoustic piano
- Hammer Action – Small hammers striking the strings to produce varying sounds by how the key is pressed.
Digital vs Acoustic
The most crucial factor for most when getting a piano for their kids is the choice between digital and acoustic piano. For some digital is most suitable as it’s a bit much lighter on the pocket, comes with a lot of bells and whistles such as recording, microphone, lights and etc. they are simpler to maintain, don’t require any kind of tuning, volume control, easier to handle and much smaller compared to the acoustic. On the other hand, Acoustic piano seem much more the real deal, they look astoundingly beautiful with the woodwork, the sound is natural and beautiful and though they might be tough to maintain and learn the control over the articulation and musical notes it gives is can be a something hard to say no to. For toddlers, the acoustic piano might seem a bit too much but if you and your kids are passionate about it then I guess there is nothing that can be too much.
On a final note, getting a piano for your kids is a great way to introduce them to music which will not only be a fun activity for them but something that will benefit their developing minds in various ways. I hope that this guide will help you find the right puzzle for yourself.