Window fans are a great way to cool down your home when the weather is hot. They can also help to circulate air and keep your home comfortable. If you’re looking for a window fan, here are some of the best options available for your money.
The Best Window Fans to Buy
1) Bionaire’s Dual Fan Window Fan
At a Glance:
- 8.5 inch fans in this dual-fan fan
- Offers reversible airflow option
- easily operate with the included remote
- Loved by thousands around the globe – over 16,000+ positive reviews as of writing this
2) Treva’s 10-Inch Portable Fan
At a Glance:
- extremely popular 10-inch portable (battery operated) or AC adapter powered fan
- Offers 2 different cooling speeds
- Easy to use, built with high-quality material, and affordable pricing
3) Holmes’ Dual 8-Inch Window Fan
The Holmes brand is known for its quality and reliability, and the Dual 8″ Twin Window Fan is no exception. Designed to fit all common windows due to its adjustable screens. Even if your windows are large, do not worry, the extenders have a limit of about 37″ which means it’s highly unlikely that this Fan would not be able to fit. The Fan also has a ‘one-touch’ thermostat controller, which automatically maintains the indoor temperature. You can also set the speed to either high or low, depending on your requirements with a single button.
Another exceptional feature of the Holmes Dual Fan is that each Fan comes with a separate reversible motor. So, you can use the Fan in any configuration you want. You can set both fans to exhaust mode or intake mode if you wish. You can also keep a steady inflow and outflow rate by setting one Fan to drain and one to intake. In many other fans, users need to change the face of the Fan continually if they want to change between exhaust and intake. In this Fan, you can do it with a slider switch, so you’ll need to install the Fan once only.
At a Glance:
- Very popular dua-fan window fan with 8-inch blades
- Does not offer a battery power, must be plugged into an AC outlet
- Easyh to setup and install and use in your living room or bedroom
4) Genesis’ Twin Fan Window Fan
At a Glance:
- Easy-to-understand LED indicators for easy understanding of the speed and integrated thermostat
- Nearly 10,000 positive reviews at the time of writing this
- Must be plugged into an AC power supply
- Offers a nice reversible airflow functionality
5) Black + Decker’s Mini Box Window Fan
At a Glance:
- Popular window fan backed by a powerful brand (Black + Decker)
- Quiet fan with 9-inch fan blades.
- Can easily be used as a tabletop fan or a window fan in any room of your home
- Reliable air circulation from a small-sized fan
6) Xasla’s Portable Clip-on Window Fan
At a Glance:
- Easy to clip-on and stay portable window fan
- Offers a powerful 10,000Mah battery for ALL DAY USE
- Offers 3 adjustable fan speeds & easy to operate with the integrated access control panel
Shopping For a Window Fan – A Shoppers Guide
Who Needs a Window Fan?
Window fans are a great way to keep your room cool when you don’t have an air conditioner. They’re quiet and energy-efficient, too! If budget is tight or if environment quality matters most in what you’ve got going on then these small devices will do just fine as long they’re used properly – which means turning them off at night so that nobody starves from lack of fresh oxygen (I know someone who would love this).
Great video giving an overview of a poular window fan.
Window fans are a great way to keep your home cool and refreshed, with less energy consumption than an air-conditioner. They come in different speeds so you can adjust them according not only how big of windows there is but also what type or weather condition it’s being used during!
Window Fan Features You Should Care About
The choice of window fan will affect the ambiance and temperature of the room or an office. Thus the selection of a perfect window fan is a critical phase. Following are some of the factors which can be decisive in the range of an ideal window fan for you:
By reversibility, we mean the fan direction. The window fan can both be used for the intake and outflow of the air. How to intake and flow of the air will depend upon the fan direction. Some window fans are manually reversible. You have to remove the unit and to install it in the opposite direction to use it as an exhaust fan to remove the hot air and bad odor. This is a time-consuming process and will require some effort as well. However, its simple solution is the purchase of electrically reversible fans. The electrically reversible fans can be reversed just by pressing a button. The Fan starts to rotate in the opposite direction performing the outflow of air instead of inflow. So a perfect window fan should offer the feature of electrical reversibility.
By airflow, we mean the cooling capacity or power of the Fan. The airflow is measured by calculating the air’s velocity, entering, or leaving the space in which a fan is used. It is practically impossible for everyone to measure the airflow of the Fan, so it is generally measured by the manufacturers and written on the packing of the Fan. It is measured in the units of CFM. Although most of the people go for the fans with the highest CFM, but it is advised to calculate the airflow requirement of the room by considering the required factors and select the Fan with appropriate CFM to avoid any wastage of energy.
Of the fans, here are the units of window fans that offer a single bigger fan in their frame for more excellent airflow and to maintain the temperature in bigger rooms and halls. While there are models of window fans that incorporate two smaller fans in its structure, the airflow is relatively less, but these two fans can be used for the reversed operation. One can be used for inflow and others for the outflow of the air. Thus, if you want a window fan that can simultaneously perform two services, the window fans with two fans should be preferred. Both fans can be used for inflow or outflow simultaneously and can be used for alternative service depending upon the need of the user.
How to Use a Window Fan
The usage of window fans is quite easy and can be quite useful if used in the right manner. There are certain norms which should be followed to keep the room temperature moderate by using a window fan:
- If you are using a window fan for your home, prefer the square ones instead of the circular or other shapes. The square fans offer a higher flow and are easy to install as most of the window frames are rectangular
- Secondly, it is suggested to use the even number of fans in your homes or offices. This is to ensure that the number of fans used for the inflow of air should be equal to the skyair’s outflow. Or, in another case, the number of inflow fans should be higher than the outflow fans.
- It is also suggested to install the inflow fans at the ground floor of the home and the outflow fans at the highest story of your home. This is because the air at the top is hotter as compared to the air at the ground level.
- Finally, make sure that the windows have a screen to prevent the insect and flies from entering the room from the window. Moreover, the window should not be closer to a noise source or garbage bin, which could affect the ambiance of your room.
Window fans are a great way to circulate air in your home and save on energy costs. Be sure to consider the size of the fan, Horsepower (HP), cubic feet per minute (CFM), and noise when making your selection. With so many different types of window fans available on the market today, it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. Our list of recommended window fans and shopping guide should help make your decision easier. Do you have a favorite window fan that you would recommend? Let us know in the comments below!